Skip to main content

Marker Renderings

Marker Renderings

It has been awhile since I used to draw in advertisements of marker renderings in varieties of shading techniques, any graphic silhouettes, fast cars, record album or CD/DVD designs, menus, peoples, animals or artchitectural buildings.

These are the  markers that I used to have for both sets of DeSign Markettes and Chartpak markers along with blending markers to blend in colors and shaded grey areas. These markers are still available in the markets.


You probably might not see so much of marker drawings these days. It is still a practice if you want to learn the marker renderings style and techniques in fashion models and clothing designs. You might find them in books stores or art-n-crafts such as Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Hyatt's or other art stores in your areas.  

There are various cartoon drawings and develope your style techniques that may attracts onlookers to see your talents in marker renderings.

Of course, there are lots of "how to" books in Marvel Comics, DC Comics, Newspaper Comics, Disney cartoons, and Manga techniques and so on... or you can create you own style in marker drawings. I am intrigue with auto marker renderings in cars, trucks, trains and planes, etc.

Today's world of advertisements are in computer graphics, video games or drawing tablets. Nothing wrong with these gadgets electronic or devices. They are wonderful tools to use. You can simply put your drawing skills to use by practicing your drawings that you can enjoy a leisure time to draw by picking up a marker to start your renderings! 
I now used Tombow markers. It's great for calligraphy's as you write poems or simple designs in marker renderings. Plus my three Star Wars marker renderings that you see at the top. You can collect all the 108  colors you want in the plastic box container made for Tombow markers. I didn't realized before that there are 2 different kinds of Tombow markers. The set I have can stand up. There is a set of markers that can only be lay down on the side are the ABT as you see above. You can not stand it up. You will loose the inks inside the filler tube that might not color well. 

You can also use a Tombow Water Brush. Just fill it with water and start blending colors in various shades or make a different color while your blending. Neat huh? 

Their are two of the most popular types of artist markers are pens that are alcohol-based or water-based. Each of these types has their own characteristics that are essentially the opposite of one another. 

Types of Artist Markers

Alcohol-based art markers comprise a combination of pigment and alcohol. They are known to dry quickly and are permanent. Meaning, that if you apply water to them. They won't smudge. There is a downside to alcohol-based markers. They sometimes have an odor. If they smell strong, it is best to use them in a well-ventilated area.

Water-based markers contain, as their name suggest, water(or a combination of water and glycerin). They are often not permanent and will bleed if water touches them. They are odorless which makes them great for kids. Just make sure you let them fully dry.

Eventually, I would love to get a set of Copic Sketch markers. They're very pricing. Although, I wouldn't mind having a set of Ohuhu markers as well. Those markers that I mentioned above such as DeSign Markettes, you can still find those old style markers. I think about them when I was attending at The AIP(The Art Institute of Pittsburgh). Those were the days in the visual communication classes that I attended. Many fond memories!

There are a 15 different markers that I can think of them right now at present but of course, over the course of time, there are many that have been developed. Their are so, so many to choose from.

Here are the 15 best markers that I found in my research: 
1) Tombow Dual Brush Pens
2) Copic Sketch Basic Set
3) Copic 6-Piece Skin Tones Sketch Set
4) Staedtler Double-Ended Fiber-Tip Pen
5) Uni-Posca 16-Piece Paint Marker Pens
6) Sakura Koi Coloring Brush Pens
7) Winsor & Newton Promarker Brush Markers Set
8) Ohuhu 36 Colors Dual Tips Markers
9) Prismacolor 12-Count Double-Ended Art Markers
10) Tanmit 40 Dual-Tipped Brush Pens/Art Markers
11) Feela 100-Count Watercolor Dual Brush Tip and Highlighters
12) Faber-Castell 12 Pitt Artist Brush Pens
13) Caran D'Ache Fibralo Marker Set of 30
14) Charkpak Landscape Marker Set
15) Windsor & Newton Promarkers Student Designer Wallet Set.

Take your pick. Pick-up a marker and start your renderings!

Enjoy drawings and perhaps some day, you can show me your marker renderings!

There you have it!
By Bradley Jimerson
Owner of 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bradesign Arts Year-In Review in 2023

 Bradesign Arts Gets A New Logo I have created a fresh brand new identity logo for my Bradesign Arts business for marketing strategies. The reasons behind my creative ideas through brainstorming sessions that I was pitching around for many years of experiences in graphic designs, drawings, photography and web developments. I have had rough ideas or thumbnails sketches for my logo. I have played around with it after so many years. Finally, within the last 2 months, I created a brand new logo for my identity purposes for business cards, promotional packages, etc... for my own freelance business of Bradesign Arts. When I write my letter 'B' is always as cursive in my handwriting signature and flowing letter to capture the audience with a shadows of 2D look to capture the attention with the on-lookers. Nowadays, the cursive writing is discouraged for the younger generations to come, sad to see. Paula(my wife) as a homeschool teacher for all of my 3 children stay at home from the st

Gouache Paintings

Gouache Painting By  B radley Jimerson, Gouache Artist "Water Runs Through It" By  B radley Jimerson, Gouache Artist I learned to gouache paints since high school and The Art Institute of Pittsburgh. It is used for painting illustrations for any paints and drawings art classes that I attended at The Arts Institute of Pittsburgh to be a commercial artist. I learn to use the base board which is a thick bristol board so that it would not warp when wet. To use for any paints to apply on the bristol board. I was taught to apply only a small amount of gouache paint. The paint colors comes in a set of 6, 10 or 18 gouache paint set or whatever it is available in the art stores nearby. To apply the paint is almost as if your watercolor painting. There is a trick to change a color or fix a mistake just using the brush strokes technique over the color or line to remove or simply change a color that it can be reactivated with water. Gouache is opague and dense in covering. It differs in