Skip to main content

Recognizable Logos
by Bradley Jimerson

As you see the logos above have been around for years, no doubt you recognize them. I give credits to those who came up with these very genius ideas! I wrote an article awhile back about my business logo of Bradesign Arts. It would be recognizable for anyone who would know my business logo and say... "Hey, I know that logo!"  To creating a logo is my specialty as a graphic designer.

That is how you respond to a business logo that you would automatically know what to look for. Or at times, you may not be thinking about the logo but know where you would shop, stop at a restaurant or get gas for your vehicle. Your brain semi-conscious not focusing the logo but at the same time your looking at it, you just walk into the public building not thinking about the logo but it is there in front of you as you walk into the public building. For example, you park your car in the parking lot. Your walking towards the store of Wegmans, you see the logo but not registering in your mind. It's there in front of you at the same time you walk-in knowing you saw the logo but the building is recognizable. You take it for granted and don't need to say "Hey, I know that logo!" That is usually how our mind works. 

Of course, I do not need to explain what a logo is. You see them all the time at home, schools, businesses, stores, restaurants, post office, clothing stores, musics and so much more to think about. As a graphic designer, I can create a logo with symbol images and texts of a business. A logo would show what the company provides and there branded values. It consists of logotypes, symbols, brandmark, and types along with company tagline.

Here is my story and I think you will chuckle at this. You may have a similar experiences like myself. I made a mistake at one time perhaps a few times in my life. My wife would asked me to get something from Tops Friendly Markets because she forgot to buy one item that she needs. As I was driving to my destination. I ended up at Walmart instead. I look up at the logo and says "That's not Tops Friendly Market!". I turned around to get back into my car to drive to my destination where I should have been there in the first place. Just because my mind says Walmart but I recognized the logo which made me to think first before I walk into the wrong store. So my mind automatically is looking for Tops Friendly Market logo as I pulled out of Walmart parking lot. I would say to myself, "You idiot!" and laughed at myself. When I get home, my wife would say "You took so long, all I asked is for one thing and you should have come back home soon." At times, I would not admit my mistakes. I swallowed my pride and pretend I didn't arrived at the wrong store. Otherwise, I would not hear the end of it knowing my wife would laugh at me histerically and I would never have let that one down til next time if I made another mistake. Hey, none of us are perfect. Lol!

Back to the subject of recognizable logos.

So, the logo would be something that everyone would know automatically recognize the size, texts, symbols or shapes of the logo. There are many to list but I'll give you some examples.

Here it is: McDonald's, Burger King, The Apple B's, KFC, Joanne Fabric, Wegmans, Tops Friendly Markets, Big Lots, Quick Fill, Pizza Hut, Tim Hortons, Olive Garden, etc... How about Tide Washing Detergent, Dove Soap, Irish Soap, Dawn Dishwashing Soap, so forth... How about Valvoline Oil for 5 Quarts, Quaker Oil, Pennzoil Oil, Castrol Oil, Mobil Oil, etc...  How about Chevrolet, Ram, GMC Hummer, Ford, Suzuki, Pontiac, Toyota, MINI Cooper, Harley Davidson, etc... How about this... Walt Disney, Disney+, Netflix, HBO, Hulu, ESPN+, Zenith, Panasonic, BOSE, Sony, Sirius, Apple, Windows 11, Nike, Adidas, Skechers, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and so many infinite logos to names.

I rest my case, you know what these logos look like because you see them all the time in your mind. It's very recognizable and you don't need to think much about them when you arrive to your destination because it is there. No doubt, there will be more new logos coming in the future for other new business aventures will abound. Perhaps a new store, restaurant or new products coming are way in the future. No doubt, I would keep on designing logos. As I said before, creating logos are my specialty!

So, there you have it!


Nya:wëh!
Bradley Jimerson,
Owner


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 Bradesign Arts Gets A New Logo I have created a fresh brand new identity logo for my Bradesign Arts business for marketing strategies. The reasons behind my creative ideas through brainstorming sessions that I was pitching around for many years of experiences in graphic designs, drawings, photography and web developments. I have had rough ideas or thumbnails sketches for my logo. I have played around with it after so many years. Finally, within the last 2 months, I created a brand new logo for my identity purposes for business cards, promotional packages, etc... for my own freelance business of Bradesign Arts. When I write my letter 'B' is always as cursive in my handwriting signature and flowing letter to capture the audience with a shadows of 2D look to capture the attention with the on-lookers. Nowadays, the cursive writing is discouraged for the younger generations to come, sad to see. Paula(my wife) as a homeschool teacher for all of my 3 children stay at home from the st

Bradesign Arts Year-In Review in 2023

Gouache Paintings

Gouache Painting By  B radley Jimerson, Gouache Artist "Water Runs Through It" By  B radley Jimerson, Gouache Artist I learned to gouache paints since high school and The Art Institute of Pittsburgh. It is used for painting illustrations for any paints and drawings art classes that I attended at The Arts Institute of Pittsburgh to be a commercial artist. I learn to use the base board which is a thick bristol board so that it would not warp when wet. To use for any paints to apply on the bristol board. I was taught to apply only a small amount of gouache paint. The paint colors comes in a set of 6, 10 or 18 gouache paint set or whatever it is available in the art stores nearby. To apply the paint is almost as if your watercolor painting. There is a trick to change a color or fix a mistake just using the brush strokes technique over the color or line to remove or simply change a color that it can be reactivated with water. Gouache is opague and dense in covering. It differs in