Skip to main content
May 8, 2022

'Just U Pose'
by Bradley Jimerson




During the 1980's era, the 1981 Pentax ME F, it was the world's first Pentax Autofocus PP SLR. The M-series was introduced in 1976 with the ME. I purchased the camera in the mid 1980s, Pentax had launched ME F with AF zoom 35-70mm in 1981. It was a new sensation and a popular SLR camera at the time. I remembered my art school teacher introduced Pentax to us all students taking the class in Photography. As times go by Nikon and Canon presented their version soon after, the system was not good enough. Til this day, I still have my old Pentax camera which is now a collection of sentimental value and to accepted the times that was changing from SLR to DSLR down to this day. Don't get me wrong, I love the Pentax version. You can still purchase Pentax DSLR camera today and no longer develope negatives nor work in the dark room. Unless your a professional photographer that still can develope straight from negatives into solutions with the use of SLR camera but very few do that today.

I learned to developed negatives within the dark room as it transitions into the red room to develope from the negatives to print on photo paper through the chemicals we used during the old way of processing photos to make a photo print. Then you hang the prints on the wires with clothes pins after you see the photo come to life on the print iself within the solutions. There were machines that can make the image(s) small or bigger to make a size print you want directly from the negatives to get the image you want to print. Then of course there was drying time to wait before you came even to touch the print(s) so that your finger print doesn't show on the photos itself. It is quite a history to know how the process work in developing the negatives to print making. Back in the day before the jpg files or other files associating for the DSLR cameras today or take photos from your mobile or tablet devices. 

Along came the Canon EO5 2000D as they call it The RebelT7. The camera was introduced to me since I started to work within the media employment as a Media Content Producer. To take pictures in a jpg or video format from SD card which comes in handing to reuse so many times and can delete for many pictures you do not want or keep the photos on the USB flash drive. You can do wondrous prints or make video to become a videographer in making videos in campaign projects through Adobe products in After Effect or Premiere Pro to complete your video making process for whatever projects your working on. For example in photo albums, music videos, promo campaigns or simply placing the jpg files for the social media world to see. It is quite fascinating at your finger tips to work through the Adobe Literoom or Photoshop to create in various style techniques that would go above and beyond with the knowledge you can do to be creative in advertising as well.

'Just U Pose' was born in January 2009. I tried to continue in the photography business. Then of course things have changed over the course of time. I worked my way up to full-time within the newspaper industry. In the meantime, I had trainings in photoshop. It is a great tool from the adobe products to get into so much scanning photos to learn quite extensively in both scans photos and graphics inside the so-called scanning room where I used to worked from the The Buffalo News Plaza, Buffalo, NY.

I revived 'Just U Pose' in September 2021. I love taking photos. I wanted to give my attention to offer my services within the communities nearby where I live or any surrounding areas of Western New York. I started to advertised my services since October 2021. I became more in studio incline within the field of freelance photography. I learned quite a bit in the world of social media. It is a learning process. To keep my photography as relaxed and natural settings as possible. You do not have to have a background sheet for a portrait behind the person or an object for a photo settings. That can be an options for you or if you want to have your pictures taken outside at your favorite locations. Nowadays, it is widely known to take a photo portraits on or at the outside settings at any given time of day for being outside as weather permits.

I will post my ad(s) within the next article of how much I charge although in the present time my prices will be subject to change.

As you can see from the beginning outset of this article. I did created my first newsletter during the time when my children were little. Now, my children have all grown-up and I have freedom now to continue to give my services to the communities. I will redevelope my own digital newsletter for anyone to receive on my social media publications or would like to receive within their email subscriptions that I will make available for anyone who would like to subscribe.

I am in the process of coming up a new revise newsletter of 'Just U Pose' newsletter to be coming out at 4 times a year. I will keep you all inform when I will launch my first newsletter to come. Of course, the newsletter will be included within my blog. Many exciting things coming our way. As you can see not only the arts nor web developments. Photography has always been my passion since the 8th grade back in 1981. During that time we had many disposable cameras or polaroids. That itself is another topics to come in the future readings of my blog.

Come on out and...
'Just U Pose'

There you have it!

Bradley Jimerson
Owner 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bradesign Arts Year-In Review in 2023

 Bradesign Arts Gets A New Logo I have created a fresh brand new identity logo for my Bradesign Arts business for marketing strategies. The reasons behind my creative ideas through brainstorming sessions that I was pitching around for many years of experiences in graphic designs, drawings, photography and web developments. I have had rough ideas or thumbnails sketches for my logo. I have played around with it after so many years. Finally, within the last 2 months, I created a brand new logo for my identity purposes for business cards, promotional packages, etc... for my own freelance business of Bradesign Arts. When I write my letter 'B' is always as cursive in my handwriting signature and flowing letter to capture the audience with a shadows of 2D look to capture the attention with the on-lookers. Nowadays, the cursive writing is discouraged for the younger generations to come, sad to see. Paula(my wife) as a homeschool teacher for all of my 3 children stay at home from the st

Gouache Paintings

Gouache Painting By  B radley Jimerson, Gouache Artist "Water Runs Through It" By  B radley Jimerson, Gouache Artist I learned to gouache paints since high school and The Art Institute of Pittsburgh. It is used for painting illustrations for any paints and drawings art classes that I attended at The Arts Institute of Pittsburgh to be a commercial artist. I learn to use the base board which is a thick bristol board so that it would not warp when wet. To use for any paints to apply on the bristol board. I was taught to apply only a small amount of gouache paint. The paint colors comes in a set of 6, 10 or 18 gouache paint set or whatever it is available in the art stores nearby. To apply the paint is almost as if your watercolor painting. There is a trick to change a color or fix a mistake just using the brush strokes technique over the color or line to remove or simply change a color that it can be reactivated with water. Gouache is opague and dense in covering. It differs in